When moving across the states, it is referred to as interstate moves. Moving is quite stressful with packing the boxes and preparing to move but interstate moves involve more.
One important thing to note is that there is a requirement that companies move between states should follow. When moving across the states, each state has its guidelines. You can also hire professional moving company in Miami to make your interstate move stress-free.
Image Source: Google
Moving company that moves household stuff from one state to another is regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and is required by law to do the following:
• Display their US DOT (Department of Transportation) number in any advertising. The DOT number is an identifier of the company's truck that collects and monitors the moving company safety information obtained during audits, compliance reviews, accident investigations, and inspection.
• Obtain a license by the FMCSA.
• Allow homeowners to review a list of costs.
• Provide adjudication if a customer’s complaint cannot be kindly resolved. FMCSA does not have the right to resolve claims against the interstate moving company but if there is a problem the customer can file a complaint against the company by calling FMSCA.
• Giving customers an accurate summary of how the complaint handling procedures, which include the phone number.
Interstate moving services firms charge their customers based on the level they will choose to move to make it inexpensive.
If this is the first time that you have moved, get quotes from at least three different companies and check their reputation before hiring one.